Pierre Longtin, President of Nyx Hemera Technologies, at PIARC Plenary Kick Off meeting for the new 2024-2028 cycle in Paris this week
Pierre Longtin, President of Nyx Hemera Technologies Inc, attended a meeting in Paris this week to kick off the new cycle for the International Road Association (PIARC).
Representing the Province of Quebec, Pierre Longtin is an active member of the Technical Committee 4.4, focusing on tunnel operation, since 2012. For the 2024-2028 cycle, Pierre has been selected to lead the Working Group 3 which focuses on digitalization in road tunnel design and management.
This subcommittee aims to explore how digital technologies can benefit road tunnels. Their tasks include:
- Exploring the impact on digital transformation in tunnel life cycle.
- Reviewing existing literature on digitalization in road tunnel design and management.
- Identifying important trends, technologies, and case studies.
By the end of the cycle, the Working Group plan to:
- Publish a Case Study Report based on a survey of PIARC members’ experiences and practices with current technology.
- Host a workshop to share and discuss the report findings with stakeholders.
- Publish a summary note gathering all experiences and input to guide future work on the topic.
Ultimately, the subcommittee aims to assess how digitalization can enhance monitoring, analysis, and decision-making in the global tunnel industry.